We hope that you and your family are staying healthy and safe during these unknown times. I understand that leaving the house and interacting with others is going to be stressful and at first, very strange. Here at Eos, I hope to alleviate some of that stress by describing our protocol for safety. Safety has always been our number one priority in order to keep and ourselves from taking unnecessary risks.
WHAT TO EXPECT THE DAY OF YOUR SURGERY/APPOINTMENT
PATIENT QUESTIONNAIRE AND TEMPERATURE CHECK UPON ARRIVAL
- All existing and new patients will be asked the screening questions prior to coming in.
- Your temperature will be checked using a non contact thermometer at check in
- We will have a sanitation station with hand sanitizer for you.
- BRING YOUR OWN MASK. Your mask will stay on until we start the procedure
1.Do you have:
- A fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher
- A cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of sense of smell
2.Have you traveled in the past 14 days to regions affected by COVID-19? Yes/No
3.Have you been in close contact with anyone who has a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis? Yes/No
4.Do you have heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, or diabetes? Yes/No
5.Are you age 60 or older? Yes/No
OFFICE/WAITING ROOM ETIQUETTE
- Our waiting room will be closed for waiting for the forseeable future. We are not allowing anyone in our waiting room. This goes for ALL patients)
- Our office staff will remove any magazines, books, etc that can become contaminated.
- If any staff member is going to be less than 6 feet away from you, we will be wearing a faceshield, gloves, and an N95 mask.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use at any time.
- Pens/clipboards are wiped down by our staff before and after use.
- Restroom keys will be wiped down before and after each use.
- If you are here for an office appointment, we can text you when we are ready to receive you so you do not have to wait in the office.
- You will sign in on our iPad that is disinfected before and after your check in. We will try to find a way to do this from home.
- You will be led back to the exam room by our staff who will open your exam room for you. Pictures will be taken and then you will see Dr. Nima.
- Please DO NOT bring anyone to your appointment.
- We will only be seeing follow up appointments via Zoom.
- You will be led back to the operating room area by our staff who will open the door for you AFTER your screening at the front door.
- You will need to part ways with your caretaker in the parking garage before coming up for your procedure.
- We kindly ask that your caretaker goes home after dropping you off the morning of surgery. They can also wait in the car until you’re ready to be picked up and go home. We will text them with updates.
- BRING YOUR OWN MASK, your mask will stay on until we start the operation.
ALL PATIENTS: Payments will be done via credit card, no cash or checks please. If you feel more comfortable, we can charge over the phone.
OUR NEW SOCIAL NORMS (WE STILL LOVE YOU FROM A DISTANCE)
- We will not be shaking hands.
- We will maintain 6 feet distancing as much as possible (except for treatments and exams)
- Please be cautious of touching your mouths and surfaces during visits.
- Please cough into the crease of your elbow and away from others.
- Everyone will be washing their hands in between patients.
SURGICAL MASKS ETIQUETTE FOR BOTH PATIENT AND STAFF
- Please be advised that you should not enter a public facility in the City of Beverly Hills unless you are wearing a mask or cloth facial covering.
- You may enter the office with a mask, and remove only in the treatment rooms before the procedure begins.
- All staff and healthcare personnel will be in N95 masks as directed by the CDC.
SCHEDULING OF PATIENTS
- We will be spacing out scheduling to minimize any contact with anyone else.
- If you reschedule your appointment because you are “ill” or “sick”, we will make a note of this and see you 14 days later. Please contact your physician.
- We sanitize door handles between each patient or have staff open the doors for you with gloves.
- We wipe down counters and floors, doorknobs, exam room floors with Cavicide or Lysol 3%. Cavicide is a medical grade disinfectant.
- Cavicide disinfectant will be used to clean doors/equipment between patients and at end of each day.
- The surgery center will undergo a very thorough “terminal cleaning” after each patient. Every surface, floor, door handle, bed will be wiped down.
- We have a medical grade, ultra HEPA filter to clean the air in the office and surgery center rapidly and continuously.
- All operating room staff will be wearing an n95 mask, face shield and/or goggles, as well as gloves. We will be sanitizing our hands often.
STAFF AND PATIENTS: FEVER WITH SYMPTOMS
- We are mandating that staff to return home, and self quarantine for 14 days before returning to work. They will be advised they see a doctor for COVID testing. Currently we have a relationship with PIL labs in Beverly Hills to administer COVID testing using a nasopharyngeal (nose) swab.
- If you have a fever, shortness of breath, cough or other symptoms of illness, please do not come to the office. We can recommend testing facilities, as well as primary care physicians that can treat you. If you test positive for COVID, then you will need to wait 14 days before returning, as well as having 2 negative screening tests.
**For your protection, our staff is tested on a weekly basis, screened at the beginning of each shift, will be in full personal protective equipment (face shield, mask, gloves, etc.) and will be following all CDC guidelines. Lastly, we are asking our staff to remain quarantined when they are not at work**