Rhinoplasty is one of the most complex plastic surgery procedures, requiring exceptional skill, precision, and artistic talent to sculpt and shape the nose. When done incorrectly, it can result in an unwanted appearance, several imperfections, and a traumatic and stressful experience.
For this reason, revision rhinoplasty is one of the most common procedures performed at Eos Rejuvenation. Many come to Dr. Nima for his skill and experience in correcting their initial rhinoplasty results.
At his luxurious plastic surgery practice in Beverly Hills, Dr. Nima offers closed revision rhinoplasty, a more advanced form of revision rhinoplasty that involves adjusting and correcting the nose without external incisions. Learn more about receiving a closed revision rhinoplasty at Eos Rejuvenation, and contact our practice if you have any questions.
What is the Advantage of a Closed Revision Rhinoplasty?
A closed revision rhinoplasty is a specialized procedure that involves making surgical incisions on the inside of the nostrils. When considering your options in Beverly Hills, there are many benefits to choosing this type of revision rhinoplasty. The four primary advantages include:
- Less Invasive: A closed revision rhinoplasty is a less invasive procedure, as the incisions are made on the inside of your nose rather than externally.
- No Visible Scarring: Since the incisions for a closed revision rhinoplasty are internal, any potential scarring is virtually invisible.
- Shorter Recovery: Generally, there is less swelling after a closed revision rhinoplasty, delivering a shorter and more comfortable recovery period.
- Faster Procedure: With closed revision rhinoplasty, there are fewer incisions to make and close, resulting in a shorter operating time.
Am I a Good Candidate?
It is Generally Perfect For
A closed revision rhinoplasty is a second chance at receiving the nose you wanted the first time around. You are an ideal candidate for this type of procedure if you:
- Are not happy with the results of your initial rhinoplasty.
- Have issues that can be corrected with a minimal amount of work.
- Have enough cartilage to shape and readjust.
- Are healthy enough for surgery.
- Have realistic expectations for the procedure outcomes.
- Can dedicate enough time to your closed revision rhinoplasty recovery.
- Have waited at least six months after your initial rhinoplasty.
- Have taken the time to find the right plastic surgeon for you.
It is Not So Perfect For
When considering a closed revision rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills, there are a few instances where this procedure may not be right for you. Generally, Dr. Nima does not recommend this surgery if you:
- Require extensive corrections (this is more suited to an open revision rhinoplasty).
- Frequently smoke and are not willing to quit for a substantial period of time.
- Cannot get enough time off for your recovery period.
- Do not have healthy expectations for your procedure results.
- Have a medical condition that may affect your healing.
How Old Do I Have to Be?
To undergo a closed revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Nima requests that his patients be at least eighteen years old. Regarding age restrictions, as long as you are in good health and have enough time to dedicate to your recovery, there is generally no age cap for closed revision rhinoplasty.
How Long After My Last Rhinoplasty Can I Get A Revision Rhinoplasty?
We recommend waiting at least one year before undergoing revision rhinoplasty. The tissues have had time to heal, so it makes the surgery safer.
Before and After – Results
At Eos Rejuvenation, Dr. Nima specializes in revision rhinoplasty and has extensive experience performing closed revision rhinoplasty to deliver beautiful results. Explore these before and after photos to see how he can transform your appearance and deliver the nose you should have received after your first (or second) rhinoplasty.
The Procedure Process Explained
A revision rhinoplasty, especially a closed revision rhinoplasty, is a complex and personalized procedure requiring significant planning, preparation, recovery, and follow-up.
The first step to benefiting from a successful closed revision rhinoplasty is your initial consultation with Dr. Nima. During this initial appointment, you and Dr. Nima will discuss your specific issues, cosmetic goals, procedure expectations, and medical history.
After learning more about your goals and expectations, he will examine your nose, take photos, and use advanced imaging software to show you what your nose can look like after closed revision rhinoplasty.
At your consultation, Dr. Nima will also detail the procedure steps, recovery period, and when you can expect to see your final revision rhinoplasty results.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the procedure, this is the best time to address those, as Dr. Nima is here to ensure you feel confident in his skills and as comfortable as possible moving forward with your closed revision rhinoplasty at Eos Rejuvenation.
What Should I Do in Preparation?
Leading up to your closed revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Nima and his team will send you a guide on how to prepare for your procedure. This guide will include key steps such as:
- Eliminating all alcohol consumption and nicotine use before your surgery.
- Following a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Adjusting your schedule for your upcoming recovery period.
- Avoiding medication and herbal supplements that thin the blood.
- Setting your home up for a relaxed recovery (stock up on groceries, create a comfortable space, find reputable childcare, and make sure you have someone to pick up your prescriptions).
- Ensure you have someone to drive you home and be with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Getting a good night’s sleep before the day of surgery.
- Avoiding all makeup applications on the day of surgery.
What is Surgery Like?
A closed revision rhinoplasty is a highly personalized procedure. Based on your individual cosmetic goals, Dr. Nima will create a customized surgical plan that meets your needs and provides the best opportunity for optimal results.
On the day of your surgery, you will check in to our state-of-the-art surgical center. Then, you will meet our nursing staff and anesthesiologist. They will ensure you are as comfortable as possible during your surgery.
Once fully asleep, Dr. Nima will begin the surgery by making incisions on the inside of your nose. He will delicately shape and contour your nose through these incisions based on your personalized treatment plan.
Before making incisions inside your nose, you may require rib cartilage harvesting to achieve the desired outcome. Dr. Nima can customize the harvested sections to provide greater definition and contour to the various features of the nose, such as the bridge, tip, or nostrils. Since rib cartilage offers greater strength and flexibility than other materials, it is often preferred when constructing noses for patients undergoing closed revision rhinoplasty.
Once your surgery is complete, you will be taken to our comfortable recovery room, where our nurses will monitor you until the anesthesia wears off.
At Eos Rejuvenation, our closed revision rhinoplasty is an outpatient procedure. Once you are fully awake and cleared for discharge, you will be taken home by your designated driver for the extent of your closed revision rhinoplasty recovery.
What Should I Expect in Terms of Recovery?
After your closed revision rhinoplasty at Eos Rejuvenation, you can expect some slight swelling, bruising, and tenderness, which will subside as the months go by. You can use ice packs to keep the swelling under control. Full recovery for revision surgery is two years.
After one week, you will return to Dr. Nima for a follow-up appointment, at which he will remove the splints. Over the course of two years, as the swelling and bruising decrease, you will begin to see your closed revision rhinoplasty results.
Meet Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Nima
Dr. Nima was honored in the Real Self Top 100 and 500 lists for seven consecutive years and is ranked among the top 1% of his 20,000-member doctor community. He has dedicated his career to the beauty and art of facial aesthetics and has changed the lives of countless facial rejuvenation patients, consistently producing long-lasting and stunning facial results.
Other Things to Consider Before Getting a Closed Revision Rhinoplasty?
Are There Any Additional Risks Involved Compared to Getting a Rhinoplasty the first time?
As with any surgical procedure, there are a few risks you should be aware of before scheduling your closed revision rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills. These include:
- Adverse anesthesia reactions
- Changes in nasal sensations
- Unsatisfactory results
You can rest assured that Dr. Nima is highly experienced and understands how to mitigate these risks and deliver the best possible revision rhinoplasty results.
Will I Need to Request Extensive Time Off From Work?
While people recover at varied rates, Dr. Nima requests that his patients take at least 10-14 days off from work and school after their closed revision rhinoplasty procedure. You should take more time off if you have a physically demanding job. It is important to prioritize your healing and recovery, as damaging your nose may impact your final results.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Generally speaking, results should last a very long time, as Dr. Nima will permanently alter your nasal bone structure. However, if you damage your nose during recovery or break your nose after your procedure, this may affect your long-term revision rhinoplasty results.
Is It Really Worth It?
If you feel self-conscious about your nose or are unhappy with your first (or second) rhinoplasty result, Dr. Nima can help with a revision rhinoplasty at Eos Rejuvenation. Our team wants you to look and feel like your best self and achieve the nose of your dreams.
You’re in Good Hands with Dr. Nima
Dr. Nima strives to provide an exceptional experience and life-changing revision rhinoplasty results. Using a blend of skill and artistry, as well as the latest surgical techniques and technology, Dr. Nima can help you reshape and contour your nose to meet your cosmetic desires. If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a nose you love to look at in the mirror, contact our practice in Beverly Hills, CA, at (310) 772-2866.