Many patients long for the opportunity to improve their facial appearance and bring their noses into greater harmony with their surrounding features. However, some patients may be concerned when it comes to rhinoplasty surgery by the thought of broken bones and the subsequent recovery.
At Eos Rejuvenation, we want to reassure you that you do not have to have any bones broken to transform your facial appearance. We are proud to offer rhinoplasty procedures using the groundbreaking Piezo device (also known as Piezosurgery®). This device allows us to perform nose jobs more holistically, without the pain or trauma of broken bones.
In thinking about your options for rhinoplasty, we encourage you to speak with our board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Nima Shemirani, about the benefits of the Piezo method.
What Is Piezosurgery?
A rhinoplasty procedure means changing the shape or size of the nose, creating better proportions, and improving aesthetic appearance. While rhinoplasty techniques have advanced considerably over the last 100 years, many surgeons still use the same old methods, literally hammer-and-chiseling the bone to reset it.
The Piezosurgery technique allows Dr. Nima to gently cut and move bones using a special ultrasonic scalpel. This gentle procedure offers more precise results, less bruising, less swelling, and less need to cut away bone and tissue. In other words, Piezosurgery can provide full rhinoplasty results with a much smoother, swifter recovery time.
Am I A Good Candidate For Piezosurgery?
This rhinoplasty technique can be a good option for any nose job patient, including men and women who wish to subtly change the size or shape of their nose.
We recommend meeting with Dr. Nima for a consultation, allowing him to verify that you are a good candidate for a safe, successful rhinoplasty procedure. The best candidates:
- Are in good overall physical health
- Do not have any underlying conditions that would prevent them from proper healing
- Have spoken with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon and have realistic expectations about the procedure and the recovery
Advantages of Piezosurgery
Piezosurgery is a cutting-edge rhinoplasty procedure that uses the latest technology and innovative techniques to perform nose jobs more holistically. Aside from delivering beautiful results, there are also several other advantages of choosing Piezosurgery over your traditional rhinoplasty procedure.
- Highly Accurate – The advanced Piezo device is smaller and more precise, giving Dr. Nima better control and more freedom to accurately and artistically shape and contour your nose into your desired look.
- Easier Recovery – Since the Piezosurgery method is less intrusive and less likely to damage surrounding tissues, you benefit from an easier recovery time and a faster healing process.
- Better Visibility – Piezosurgery offers the unique benefit of providing better visibility and, therefore, better results, as the improved accuracy results in a blood-free surgical site.
- More Comfort – Piezosurgery eliminates the need for intimidating drills, hammers, and chisels, delivering a more comfortable surgery experience. You will also experience less stress leading up to surgery and reduced surgical trauma afterward.
- Elevated Safety – With the heightened precision and accuracy of the Piezo rhinoplasty technique, Dr. Nima can elevate the safety of your procedure by reducing the risk of damaging soft tissue and infection.
- Faster Procedure – Thanks to high-quality controls and reduced hand pressure, Dr. Nima can perform Piezosurgery faster and more efficiently, resulting in less time under anesthesia.
Piezosurgery, also referred to as piezo ultrasonic rhinoplasty or piezoelectric rhinoplasty, is an advanced facial plastic surgery procedure that contours and improves the nose with a unique device that creates ultrasonic vibrations to precisely cut and shape bone.
Like a rhinoplasty, your anesthesiologist will place you under general anesthesia before surgery. Once the anesthesia has taken effect and you are fully asleep, Dr. Nima will make a small incision across the columella (bridge of skin between your nostrils) to access the bone and cartilage. This technique is known as an open rhinoplasty approach, which Dr. Nima prefers over the closed rhinoplasty approach as it allows for more visibility and control.
Next, Dr. Nima will use the Piezo device to make highly precise and controlled changes to your nose. This device is incredibly powerful yet gentle enough to cut, sculpt, and shape without breaking or fracturing the bone or damaging nearby soft tissue.
Once Dr. Nima has shaped and contoured your nose based on your individual treatment plan and aesthetic goals, he will close the incisions with sutures or stitches. After your surgery, you are placed in our serene recovery room to rest until the anesthesia wears off, and you can be discharged and taken home by your arranged driver.
Recovery From Piezosurgery
Any time you have a rhinoplasty procedure performed, you can expect some temporary side effects. Bruising, swelling, and tenderness are all normal, as is nasal congestion. We typically recommend that patients take at least a week off from work and up to a month off from strenuous activity.
With Piezosurgery, the side effects associated with rhinoplasty are minimized. You may experience mild bruising and swelling, but most patients find that these side effects fade considerably within just a few days. For many patients, Piezosurgery expedites their recovery from rhinoplasty.
Speak With A Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon In Beverly Hills
Piezosurgery is a revolution in rhinoplasty, making it easier and simpler than ever before to achieve the nose of your dreams. The best way to learn more about the procedure is to schedule a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Nima. Contact Eos Rejuvenation to schedule your appointment with us.